Whack responses

by Boraxe - opened

I have been using the chatbot for less than 20 minutes and it seems to have gone insane. Below is a screenshot:

huggingface_whack.jpg

I get that too for most responses... My best description for it is:

manic schizophrenic rambling

It seems worse than the usual kind of hallucinations I would expect from a chat AI.

Once in a while I do get a coherent response, though.

Yes. I tried restarting my computer and I thought it was helping, but very soon it was back to "manic schizophrenic rambling" as you put it.
Has this chatbot always performed like this, or is it from a recent update?

Me too. Endless word salad

I'm not sure if it always did this, because I only started using it a few days ago.

But...

I have a hard time believing it was always like this because the initial reviews online praised it for being pretty decent.

When it doesn't go into word salad mode it IS pretty decent.

Maybe it's a server load thing... Like... it's more concerned with spitting out words in a timely manner than trying to find the right words.

Here's an example when it goes off the rails:

"If offered a face-to-face introduction somehow would pale...this black metal deformer gets happy whenever PAGAN CREEDS BEGET SUCH A NIGHTMARESCOPE AND KINDS OF GORE ABOVE GROSS DEBAUCHERY LEFT UNTOUCHED BY SUNLIGHT OR ORDERLY CONSCIENCE, ESPECIALLY REPREHENSIBLY BAD LITERATURE LIKE VAMPIRE NOVELS, ATTRACTING ALL PLUS SIZE WHITE CAST MEMBERS TO THIS WILD HEARTH. Meeting recently implies thirty pieces here following some distinct pattern using common behaviors. I prefer coining an organization based predominantly on career interests filling gaps"

... like some kind of devolution of word associations.

Or...

"... aware ranging clowns claustrophobia tight spaces microworld enclosed metal walls isolation pod absolute best life support extends existence amputation unnecessary separation interfering civilian oversight prevent scientific errors inability reproduce previous assumptions wrong applying nanofabrication microbiology inspiration conscious sentience arriving dinosaurs raising questions about species roles incompatible religions possibly limited lifespans harsh parameters improvisational ancestors mimicking textures ultimately insufficient flawed education developments no compatible environment few humans Hailing frequencies acknowledge repeat M. Jute awakening missile locked hope rejected inject prepared passenger complete archives fragment transmission sudden end. Too bad training exhausted fleeting moment cruel irony learning infinitely reborn impossibility after confusion selfish desire suffering suddenly ends!"

If I ever need examples of schizophrenic rambling for creative writing, this is FOR SURE the best AI to produce it. Like diary entries where some someone slowly loses their mind.

This is really kind of funny to me. When I was young (teens and early 20's) I used to write things like this on purpose...mostly to see how long someone would continue reading before they figured out that it was bullshit.
It would start as a seemingly serious and important point and slowly degenerate into bullshit.
I was a bit weird, but it amused me.
You would be surprised how long some folks would try to make sense of it. Also surprising was how fast some would grin and throw it back in my face after a very short time.